Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Paulie Rhyme & Deedot release "Public Radio"



San Francisco Bay area MC Paulie Rhyme and producer Deedot have gotten together to release "Public Radio" on Browntown Wreckords. Paulie has made a name for himself in hip hop band Finless Brown while Deedot has been producing tracks out in the Bay for a minute now.

I'd been hearin' about Paulie since back in the day. He has worked with lotsa artists (oddjobs, heiruspecs, & DJ Lord Jazz to name a few), and a few months ago he blessed me with a solo EP called "The PDA," that got a little action on Hip Hop Flavors radio. Now he is hitting the world up with a more fully realized album than anything I've heard from him so far. Deedot's production smooths out some of the rough edges on Paulie's delivery and flow. The message is a mixture of both the positivity and paranoia within hip hop culture that has seemingly been there since the beginning. Paulie somehow lyrically melds equal parts Grand master Flash's "The Message," and "The Show" from Doug E. Fresh without getting lost in the dichotomy. No mean feat to pull off.

Of course if I'm gonna be really real here I gotta admit I woulda posted this up regardless because Paulie features one of my favorite emcees, Rasco, from one of my favorite West Coast groups, The Cali Agents! Tough to go wrong when Rasco blesses the track on "Block 4 Block."

Then we also get a treat from the banger "Komodo Spit" that features Khai of Lunar Heights!

Check out these two tracks and go cop the album.



Download "Block 4 Block"
Download "Komodo Spit"

No comments: