Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jack Splash of Plantlife Interview


Format magazine has a dope interview up with my man Jack Splash of Plantlife. Go check out the interview and pick up one of the best albums of '08, Plantlife's "Time Traveller."

Download: Plantlife's "u messed it up, so we took it back..."

Here is an excerpt:

Format: You’ve worked on ton of albums including Alicia Keys’ As I Am John Legend’s Once Again, Estelle’s Shine and we will be seeing your work in upcoming works with Missy Elliott and Cee-Lo. Where would you say you have left your strongest mark and why?
Jack Splash: That’s a tough question. I don’t really like to quantify my work that way. I honestly try to make the most incredible music with every artist I work with. That’s why I turn down a lot of work because I don’t want to just be working for the check. I’ve been making good money doing exactly what I love so I want to keep it that way. Almost every song I’ve produced for the artists I worked with have their very magical moments to me.

Me and Cee-Lo are like twins because we’re both bugged the fuck out and want to keep taking people higher. Alicia is just the ultimate singer songwriter and she’s so fun to work with. She’s real similar to me as far as us both being as much into hip-hop as we are other types of music. She was playing me some Janis Joplin songs before we wrote some of our songs. Same thing with Estelle, Solange, Raheem DeVaughn, John Legend and a lot of the other artists I’ve been working with. Every single one of them have magical moments that I wouldn’t trade for anything. The most important thing to me is that I have fun making the music, because at the end of the day that’s what it is really about.

No comments: