Thursday, June 25, 2009

Slaughterhouse's Self Titled Debut Album Drops August 11th


Check out this new track by my new favorite super group!
SLAUGHTERHOUSE (Joe Budden, Royce Da 5'9", Joell Ortiz and Crooked I).
So if you know me just a little you know that Royce Da 5'9" is one of my favorite emcees. Dude just flows nice on everything he ever touches. Same can be said about Joell Ortiz who has been on my radar for a looong time. Just those two cats alone are what I wish Hip Hop stood behind in the oh nine. Complex rhymes schemes, legitimate and cohesive freestyle ability, storytelling, battle rhyming, and just all around confidence and mic control. Prototypical emcees...to me anyway. Same can be said from a West Coast perspective about Crooked I. Flow, battle skills, swagger. Notice that nobody ever really steps to these cats with anything but respect. Then in comes Joe Budden who is the wild card in the group. Dude can and will say anything with a microphone in front of him. It seems to get him into a lotta hot water but he can also back it up with ferocious skills.
"Woodstock Hood Hop" produced by Nottz and featuring MOP is what I got for you.
Look out for Slaughterhouse on this summer's Rock The Bells Tour.
Also check out their self titled LP "SLAUGHTERHOUSE"
dropping August 11th on Slaughterhouse/ Koch Records.
Download: "Woodstock Hood Hop"

No comments: