Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Havoc of Mobb Deep releases "The Kush" 9/18


Havoc of Mobb Deep is following Prodigy’s lead and releasing a solo debut, “The Kush,” due out in stores this fall.

“I was always ready [to drop a solo album], but the reason why it took me so long is because the timing wasn’t right,” explained Havoc.

“I was always working on Mobb Deep material and working with other artists, and I used a lot of the material I was going to use for a solo LP for
Mobb Deep records.”

“The Kush,” which is entirely produced by Havoc, is described as “dark and gutter” by the Queensbridge emcee. “I really wanted to go that direction.”

The album also keeps the guest appearances to a minimum, with brief cameos by Mobb Deep’s Prodigy and rap affiliates 40 Glocc, Un Pachino, and Nyce.

“Besides Prodigy, I did not want a bunch of big stars on it, as it would have taken away from the real objective of the LP, which is grimy and down to earth,” Havoc said.

Havoc has also followed the lead of 50 cent and taken to creating drama right around the time his album is set to drop. (funny how that happens huh?) This time Havoc addresses ATL and specifically T.I. Stating that the South and T.I. have nothing on Mobb Deep and are basically on their own dicks and they need to get off of their own dicks. In my opinion this is ridiculous, playground stupidity but it seems to have worked because it has lit up the internet lately and gotten Havoc a ton of free marketing. Either way there is no denying Havoc's talent on the mic and behind the boards and this record will satisfy any long time Mobb Deep fan.

“The Kush” hits stores on Sept. 18 via indie label Nature Sounds. So go get it!


Download "Go Head"

Download "Be There"

No comments: