Wednesday, August 22, 2007

M.I.A. releases "Kala" Aug 21st


An interview with M.I.A. is available over at Radar.
I like this new album a little bit more than "Arular." I don't exactly know why. It could be that "Arular" just prepped me for more of the same in "Kala" and now I can hear what she is tryin' ta do.
The opener "Bamboo Banga" starts off as a cover of the Modern Lovers' "Road Runner," then mutates into Punjabi robo-crunk; "20 Dollar" confuses New Order's "Blue Monday" with Pixies' "Where Is My Mind" with impressive results; and inevitable single "Jimmy" sounds like something you'd hear while waiting in line to buy falafel in outer space. Kala will probably be the only album you'll hear in 2007 on which the lone Timbaland track (closer "Come Around") is the least interesting.

Check her out and go cop the album.

download "Hit That"

Download "Boyz" The Twelves rmx

No comments: