Monday, April 14, 2008

Valley Girl Turns 25 That 80s Night @ The Orpheum



this month That 80s Night @ The Orpheum is a tribute to John Hughes and his excellent movies! come as your favorite Hughes movie character!!!

Like, remember how awesome the songs on the
"Valley Girl" soundtrack were: "Who Can It Be Now?""Love My Way" and "I Melt With You"? The movie turned 25 years old on Tuesday, which is, like, totally trippendicular. This got us thinking about the '80s rock that still rules.

Here's the 411 on what stokes us: '80s lyrics, compilations, power ballads and one-hit wonders.
Quiz time. How well do you know the one-hit wonders behind these '80s unrequited love lyrics? Name the song and artist:

"Jenny, Jenny
You're the girl for me
You don't know me but you make me so happy."
(Answer.)

"You know I feel so dirty when they start talkin' cute
I wanna tell her that I love her but the point is probably moot."
(Answer.)

"You've been around all night and that's a little long
You think you've got the right but I think you've got it wrong."
(Answer.)

No comments: